eCOGRA’s Generally Accepted Practice (‘eGAP’) requirements are enforced through reviews and continuous monitoring conducted by a team of highly specialised staff members. The majority of eCOGRA staff members have an auditing background at Big 4 auditing firms and are qualified Chartered Accountants and/or Certified Information Systems Auditors.
Operator benefits of being eGAP Accredited:
- Player recognition: Research has proven that players actively look for eCOGRA’s Safe and Fair seal before playing on a site.
- Portal and affiliate promotion: Numerous webmasters and affiliates now promote the benefits to players of frequenting eCOGRA-approved sites. Google ‘eCOGRA’ to see how extensively affiliates are doing this and driving traffic to approved sites.
- CEN Workshop Agreement 16259:2014 Certification: The eGAP requirements include the European Committee for Standardisation’s Responsible Remote Gambling Measures, which means operators certified for eGAP compliance will also be able to state to regulators and other stakeholders that they comply with CWA 16259:2014.
- Game Fairness Reports: All approved sites have the option to receive independently prepared monthly return to player percentage reports for all categories of casino games, monthly card shuffling reviews for poker games and bi-annual RNG reports.
- Fair Gaming Advocate: All players at eCOGRA approved sites have unlimited access to eCOGRA's full-time Fair Gaming Advocate at no extra charge for resolving disputes, which are generally achieved in less than 48 hours.
- Accredited testing agency: eCOGRA is recognised as an approved testing agency by most leading jurisdictions, enabling eCOGRA to address the operator’s jurisdictional compliance requirements in conjunction with eGAP review work required for the Safe and Fair seal.
- Regulated Markets Certification: As an an ISO/IEC 17025:2005 UKAS accredited testing laboratory, for the United Kingdom and Denmark, eCOGRA's software testing principles and methodologies are recognised by leading jurisdictions. eGAP approvals are an effective way of helping to prepare operators for certification in regulated markets.
- Best practice guidelines: Prepared by international auditing firms and other professional organisations, operators receive these guidelines to facilitate implementation of eCOGRA’s eGAP requirements.
- Professional training: For staff dealing with underage and problem gaming issues, eCOGRA utilises the expertise of relevant specialists to offer the latest training methodologies available, including a 1 day training program at a nominal cost for all eCOGRA operators.
- Accountability: eCOGRA provides certified software provider and operator management with comfort that appropriate controls, policies and procedures are in place to comply with best practice operational requirements.
- Industry-wide recognition: Crucial industry stakeholders such as financial institutions, payment processors, jurisdictions, affiliates and portals recognise that the organisation voluntarily complies with requirements of the highest standard.
- Improving industry perceptions: Software provider and operator involvement with eCOGRA enables us to show legislators and other industry stakeholders from all around the world that the industry together is willing to act in the best interests of its customers.