eCOGRA was established in 2003 in order to introduce self-regulation to the online gaming industry, and thereby assist in ensuring players are properly protected, games are fair, and operators behave responsibly.
The company’s self-regulation activities generally focus on the following policy objectives:
- The protection of vulnerable customers
- The prevention of underage gaming
- Combating fraudulent and criminal behaviour
- Protection of customer privacy and safeguarding of information
- Prompt and accurate customer payments
- Fair gaming (e.g. RNG and RTP game evaluations)
- Responsible marketing
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and support
- Secure, safe and reliable operating environment
We are management controlled, and the majority of our staff members have had considerable legal, financial, business administration and IT auditing experience at one of the Big 4 audit firms. As professional auditors, these individuals are required to utilise International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (‘IAASB’) Auditing Standards. Many of our staff are also Certified Information System Auditors and governed by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (‘ISACA’).
eCOGRA currently provides compliance services to over 100 of the industry’s leading operators and software suppliers, including 32Red, BBIN, bwin.party, bet-at-home, Betsson, Betway, Casino Rewards, Gamesys Live Dealer, Microgaming, 888 and NetEnt.
To date, the company has performed in excess of 1000 worldwide compliance reviews.